4.20.2009

Sake brewery museum ni ikimashita

Today, after class, Zach, Dan, John, and I went to a sake brewery museum not far from our hotel. It is one of the oldest and was pretty cool. Unfortunately, the tour wasn't a tour so much as just admission to see the displays. The text was only partially translated into english, with what seemed to be a lot less information than in japanese. It was cool to see some of the implements used to make sake, and the process. We also got to taste three different sakes at the end. We ended up buying a bottle to share on Friday to celebrate our last night in Kyoto. We also each got a small collectible can of sake with our ticket. On the way back, I fell asleep on the train but so did everyone else, so no pictures this time. You will all just have to wait for later in the week and next week when we are traveling. I'm sure good sleeping pictures will ensue. I also saw a van with a keirin bike sticker on it that I thought was pretty cool.

1 comment: