4.23.2009

Kobe and Osaka

Today we went to Kobe to the Hyogo Prefectural Art Museum designed by Tadao Ando. It was a really nice building. Surprisingly, the detailing was still very nice even though the scale of this project is much larger than many of his other works that we have seen. His use of circulation is always very interesting, and I enjoyed some of it creating a strong conenction with the building.
After that, we went to Osaka to see the church of light. I had been there before but it is a nice little project.
When we got out of the gates at the train station in Osaka, an old man on crutches came up to me and asked how I was. I said genki. He then told me I was a very handsome boy. I didn't know what to say. Thinking he was just excited to see some Americans and not wanting to make a scene as more of the class started to pay attention, I just said thanks. After he blew me a couple kisses I managed to sweep around to the other side of the group. After he got his ticket, he made another pass, first telling sig that she was cute then coming back to me. With a big toothless smile he once again began blowing kisses and then asked me to marry him several times. I won't lie. This was one of the few times when I just had nothing to say. I was shocked. After that, the group continued on to the Church of Light.

1 comment:

  1. You should've asked if he was loaded first, then decided on whether or not to continue. Maybe someday, when you're older, you can hit on young men and women to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete