4.28.2009

Hiroshima

Sorry I missed a couple days. It was just too lazy the last couple days and with poor internet connection so I decided to do it later.

Hiroshima was sad as expected. It was last time too. Although the sadness passed quickly and was replaced with shame and disbelief at the statements of other young Americans. Some people it seems can't make connections between seeing a memorial in Hiroshima and reading the somewhat biased version of accounts and the context of what actually happened. Obviously, it was a horrible event, but weighed against the alternatives I can't say I would have done otherwise. I don't want to stage a debate on here so I will continue. The park was just like last time and the museum was too. The entry into the exhibits about the bomb victims is still poorly done and in fairly poor taste in my opinion. That served to turn me off to most of the rest. I got a few good pictures. There was a guy in the park right when we left that was sharing his ice cream with his cat. I also went in the same pet shop that we went in two years ago where Carrie saw a french bulldog eat its own poop. And the okonomi yaki we had for dinner was awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Scot, those pictures are so cute, and really good! The monkeys are so cute, you got really close!!

    I love that cat omg...I want it

    ReplyDelete
  2. ice cream cat is my desktop background.

    ReplyDelete