4.05.2009

Kyoto by bike

Today, while everyone was at monkey park and the bamboo forest, I went to the Kaze-messenger office south of our hotel. The guy there loaned me his de rosa road bike and took me around to almost a dozen different bike shops in the area looking for a pista bike. He took me to natural cycles where I am going to get a fuji track bike and he is getting me a big discount. He was really nice and we went to coffee and he invited me to the cherry blossom festival with him and his girlfriend. Unfortunately, I have homework so I couldn't go. He was one of the nicest strangers ever. He loaned me his bike with no collateral or anything but a handshake and he loaned me a helmet as well. I can use that until I can go pick up my bike tomorrow. Once I am in Tokyo, I can either sell it or bring it home with me and sell it in America. I'm pretty excited. Riding a bike through Kyoto today was a lot of fun and easy to get around without the subway. Photos of my new bike to follow once I buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment