3.27.2009

Scot Eats Octopus Balls

After meeting with Don, we walked up to the school where we will have class. I know I can find that again. Then we walked to the language school where we will have japanese class three days a week. I will have class at 9 am. There is no way I can find that again without a map. We went to the Imperial Palace to sign up for tours of the detached palaces. We didn't go in there. We just signed up for the other tours and left. There were some beautiful trees though. From there we headed through some shopping arcades and some food stands. I had some takoyaki (fried octopus balls) and some other treats. After we walked around a little more we had some fantastic ramen. It was roasted pork ramen and it was just what I needed. Two words to follow: loft, uniqlo. Enough said. I am still in search of a cheap jacket. It is much colder here right now than I expected. The thin layers I packed are probably not enough if I'm going out drinking at night and such.

I also took some pictures of our room and the view from our room. It's super nice and super expensive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Although, not of the takoyaki (gross) hahaha. I knew I should have gotten you a thin jacket! Your hotel looks nice :) I forgot you are in Kyoto during the blooming of the cherry blossoms! Take a lot of amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a map of the city and where all the stuff is

    ReplyDelete