5.04.2009

Tokyo

I am in Tokyo. For the first few days we are staying in yet another Toyoko Inn. Unfortunately, my room looks directly into another room, and offers no ventilation. I feel like I am cooking in here especially with my computer. The room is small, like all Toyoko Inn rooms, but offers plenty of room considering it is just me in here. On tuesday we move to the olympic housing building where we will be staing for the duration of Tokyo. We walked around and saw the buildings I saw last time like Prada, Tod's, Louis Vuitton, and the Audi tower. We also walked to the Olympic stadium by Kenzo Tange. It was awesome. There was a Namie Amuro concert there and we tried to get in but it was sold out. I hope I can get tickets for Ayumi next weekend. Today we went to the Kyoto Forum building. It was also pretty cool. I have had some wonderful ramen here. One place has broth as thick as a thinner turkey gravy. It was pretty good, but my favorite in Tokyo thus far has to be the place with the garlic cloves on the tables. The ramen is already good, with a nice tea boiled egg and a big piece of fatty pork on top. Then you grab the garlic crusher and as many cloves of garlic as you want and pump it into the ramen. The first time I just used one clove, then decided that the next time I would double it. The next time I used 2, but next time I plan to use 4. I hope a stormdrain isn't in my near future after 4 cloves, but it's a risk I'm willing to take for awesome ramen. Earlier, we ate at a revolving sushi place where you sit around the bar and plate after plate of sushi goes around the conveyor belt. I had about ten plates or twenty pieces of sushi. It ended up being only about 12 bucks. Not a bad meal at all. About 6 pieces of hamachi and salmon. mmmm. Pictures to come after I catch up on my travel journal...

No comments:

Post a Comment